Thursday, February 25, 2010

Greatest Invention Ever....of 2007

OK, call me behind the times, but I just got the new 3rd gen iPod touch. I had no idea what I was missing out on! This thing is absolutely amazing. There is nothing you can't do on this thing. It is literally a pocket computer....but better. There are very few things a laptop can do that this thing can't, but there are plenty of things a touch can do that a laptop can't. Basically, the only thing I use my laptop for now is to print documents. I truly know why so many people switched to AT&T just for the phone. All of the Verizon phones are literally cheap imitations. Everyone out there that has a touch or an iPhone, please respond to this and tell me your favorite part of the greatest invention of our time.

3 comments:

Candace said...

Using the calendar is fantastic. Mike and I use synced computer calendars and now I can coordinate our schedule from anywhere. I play games while I wait for short periods of time. I download and listen to the general conference talks and other podcasts(This American Life & LOST) all the time. Searching the scriptures has never been so awesome. Eva plays games and watches videos and Sesame Street podcasts at the doctor's office--waiting and shots are much better now, as well as an x-ray once.
I keep track of basic meat prices at different stores. I refer to it for recipes, scrolling it up and down as I cook. I can show people pictures of my children and show them what Mike does for work. Last week, I bridged the cultural gap by letting your sister-in-law listen to a song from the 60s that your mom was talking about.
We haven't paid for any apps yet, but I am considering one that will sync our computer budget program with our touch so I can enter receipts and check balances while I'm at the store.
Someday, we'll own iphones too...when they fit better in our budget.

qhunt said...

ML,
I could not agree more. It sounds like you are more advanced than me with the apps. I have a lot that I like but I know there are some out there that will make my life better. I love Fandango app. i love Wilkow Majority podcasts. There are not enough hours in the day to do all the stuff I want to do with it!

Mike Laughead said...

Everything that Candace said. I like the set-up quite a bit. Instead of using the web browser for everything, you have the app to do stuff (like check email or Facebook or a game or whatever). I think the best thing is that it's a computer that fits in your pocket. I haven't tried using a Blackberry, but I can't imagine it being similar (except they now have a touch screen.)